Marie Claire The Parcel - Spring 2015, Special Anniversary Edition

I was impatiently expecting my MC parcel arrive in early September but it was delivered to me only few days ago. I was particularly excited about this one as it is a special 20th Anniversary edition. So this is what I got...


1. Redwin Coconut Balm - value $5.99
I love the original PawPaw Ointment and keep coming back to it after trying other alternatives. However I am keen to give this product a shot. It basically has lots and lots of various oils plus a bit of beeswax.

2. Frizz Ease Smooth Start Shampoo and conditioner - value $32
I find John Freida products is somewhere in-between your stock standard supermarket brands and higher-end professional products. I know that this particular line been around for a long long time so they must me doing something right. As a bonus it smells very nice and has creamy consistency. Hopefully my fine blonde hair likes it too.

3. MOR Rosa Noir Hand and Body Milk - value $5
I prefer milk consistency of body products in summer as it is a lot lighter than creme. However I want to see how deep and rich Rosa Noir goes in heat. 

4. St. Tropez In Shower Gradual Tan - value $10
This is the star product of this box! I've heard about in-shower self tanners but haven't seen any. Can you tell I am very keen to try it? I can see using it while waiting for my conditioner to absorb into my hair. Plus no mote sticky residue other gradual tanners may leave bind which can be uncomfortable in summer. It does cost a whopping $40 for a  200 ml bottle so I hope other companies will bring out similar products.

5. L'Oreal Color Riche Matte Lipstick in Ouhlala - value $21.95
Another product that has been around for a long time (30 years!) and is still very popular for all the right reasons. I love the scent of Color Riche lipsticks, it brings so many memories. I think I got my first one from a magazine when I was 15 and used it down to the stump (it was a nice nude brown shade). This one is very bright fuchsia pink and is a welcome addition to my lipstick collection as I don't own this colour yet.

6. Clinique Smart Custom Repair Serum - value $26.60
I have a love/hate relationship with Clinique products so I am happy to test this serum first, so if it doesn't agree with my skin I can just throw it out. It supposed to adjust to any skin type and improve imprefections, I have a combination skin so I really hope it works.

7. Estee Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge EDP - value $3.60
Estee Lauder release some gorgeous fragrances throughout the years. However it seems like they have been following trends a bit too closely with their recent releases. This one opens with with some rich red fruits, then heavy powdery vanilla comes out along the lines of Black Opium and La Vie Est Belle. It mellows out after few minutes with generic drydown.

Another great box with over $100 worth of products. I was expecting more wow factor out of their Anniversary Edition but I still like it as I can see getting a lot of use out of this box.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!